Purpose of the job:
Lead and conduct research to improve understanding of the effects that images
and imaging parameters have on an individual's perception of images, cognitive
impression of images, and psycho-physiological response. In this position you
will conduct research to understand and model the emotional perception of
pictorial images and apply this knowledge to product development programs.
Additional Responsibilities will include
- Provide in-depth knowledge of existing scientific research in the areas of
psychology and psychophysiology.
- Build knowledge of new image classification/understanding schemes.
- Collaborate with the team members, university experts and other external specialists.
- Initiate and actively contribute to new program and concept formulations.
- Work with project teams to develop products based on the research findings.
Specialized Skill requirements:
Qualified candidates will have a Ph.D. in cognitive or experimental
psychology, visual perception, psychophysiology or related areas. This
position requires specialized skills or knowledge in the areas of Human Visual
Perception, Psychophysics, Psychophysiology, Statistics and Experimental Design.
Candidates should have demonstrated capability to conduct innovative and
creative research in the areas of image quality, image perception,
psychophysiology or cognition. This individual should be able to work
independently as well as function as a part of a multi-disciplined team.
Additional skills desired:
Strong leadership and communication skills
Knowledge of image processing and imaging system performance characterization methods
C, C++, Matlab and UNIX skills
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Dr. Michael Miller
Eastman Kodak Company
1700 Dewey Avenue, 6/69/RL
Rochester, NY- 14650-1916