VisionScienceList: Research Image Analyst

From: peter kaplan (Peter.Kaplan@unilever.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 04:59:03 PST

RESEARCH IMAGE ANALYST
ALGORITHM DEVELOPMENT

An interesting and challenging position for an individual who is mathematically
intuitive with strong computer skills. Working with scientists from a variety
of backgrounds, you will be asked to help develop, validate and disseminate
image processing and data visualization algorithms in 2, 3, 4 and 5 dimensions.
 You must have interest in all and skills in several of the following:
wavelet/multiscalar analysis, fourier analysis, multivariate analysis,
classical image processing, two and three dimensional shape transformations,
deconvolution, time-series analysis and color. You must also understand
statistics. We aim to work mostly in higher-level environments such as IDL or
Matlab, opportunistically in other packages and, when necessary, in Visual
Basic, C/C++ and Java. We hope that you will enjoy enabling and consulting with
your colleagues and contracting work out when appropriate. We offer a
competitive salary, flexible benefits including tuition assistance and a
dynamic environment filled with learning and discovery beyond conventional
scientific boundaries.

For consideration please forward your resume to: Human Resources Dept. RIA,
Unilever Research US, 45 River Road, Edgewater, NJ 07020 or E-Mail:
job.mca@unilever.com . Please place only the letters RIA as the subject of the
e-mail. We appreciate your interest in our company and will contact applicants
who most closely meet our immediate requirements. Applicants must be
authorized to work in the U.S.A. To learn more about Unilever, please visit our
website at http://www.unilever.com. Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer
m/f/d/v

UNILEVER has the distinction of ranking with the top consumer products
companies in the world in sales and innovation. Our success is built upon
collaborative scientific research and product development efforts resulting in
over 1000 nationally and internationally known brands including Dove, Lever
2000, Vaseline Intensive Care, Suave, Pond's, and premium fragrance and skin
care products including Elizabeth Arden and Calvin Klein Cosmetics. This
position is based at our global research facility in Edgewater, NJ, located on
the Hudson River within 20 minutes of Manhattan's diverse academic,
entertainment and cultural resources.