VisionScienceList: EPA vision and attention mini-conference

From: Daniel J. Simons (dsimons@wjh.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 13:00:29 PST

This conference may be of interest to those of you who will be in the
Baltimore area at the end of March.

Conference Announcement:

The 3rd Annual Vision and Attention Mini-Conference
Saturday March 25th
Baltimore Omni Inner Harbor Hotel

Organized by Dan Simons (dsimons@wjh.harvard.edu)

The conference is a one-day meeting run in conjunction with the
annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association. For the
past two years, Jeremy Wolfe and I have organized the meeting as an
opportunity for the regional vision community to hear and discuss the
latest work in attention and vision. We have particularly encouraged
presentations by graduate students and post-docs who often do not
have other chances to give talks to the attention and perception
community. For those who are familiar with OPAM, the conference is
essentially the same format.

The conference is a self-contained meeting and this year includes 13
talks (each 20 minutes long with 5 minutes for discussion). For the
past two years, the meeting has been a great success, with attendance
of over 100 people and a number of terrific talks. There is no
registration fee for this meeting, although attendees are requested
to register for the Eastern Psychological Association meeting. The
EPA supports our program (they provide the room and A/V equipment)
and the meeting is officially part of the EPA program. The fee for
EPA is minimal and your contribution will help to support future
Attention/Vision meetings as well. The complete schedule for the
meeting is available at http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~viscog/.

Please forward this message to any colleagues or students who may be
interested.

Cheers,
Dan
Daniel J. Simons
Assistant Professor phone: (617) 495-5387
Psychology Department fax: (617) 495-3728
Harvard University dsimons@wjh.harvard.edu
33 Kirkland St., Room 820 http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~dsimons
Cambridge, MA 02138