VisionScienceList: Research Position: 3D film

From: Laurie M. Wilcox (lwilcox@yorku.ca)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 06:29:51 PDT

    Research Position: Perception of large-format 3D film

    A research position is available at York University's Centre for Vision
    Research as of July, 2000. Currently this is a one-year opening, with
    potential for renewal for a second year. The salary is consistent with
    current MRC/NSERC standards and will be adjusted according to the
    candidate's level of experience. I am looking for an enthusiastic
    collaborator for an ongoing research project with IMAX corporation. The
    position will be ideal for someone with a strong background in
    Experimental Psychology and an interest in 3D film technology. Technical

    expertise as well as programming skills (e.g. Matlab, C/C++) will be an
    asset. Applications are welcome from individuals who have completed at
    least an M.A. degree (or equivalent) in vision or cognitive science.

    The York Centre for Vision Research consists of 20 faculty members with
    primary appointments in Psychology, Biology, Computer Science, and
    Philosophy. They conduct psychophysical, physiological and computational

    investigations of a broad range of topics providing a stimulating
    research environment. For more information please see our web site at
    http://www.cvr.yorku.ca. The successful applicant will be encouraged to
    pursue their own research goals and to interact with the other members
    of the Centre for Vision Research. To apply please send a copy of your
    C.V. and names of referees to me either by email or fax (see below).

    Laurie M. Wilcox
    Assistant Professor
    Department of Psychology
    York University