VisionScienceList: Manager of Optics Design

From: Robert Rosenberg (rrosenberg@sunyopt.edu)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 10:50:35 PDT

    Opening for Manager of Optics Design

    "The Manager of Optics Design will manage R&D contracts on a day-to-day
    basis, provide leadership in developing new optical designs working in
    collaboration with our partners, specify optical parameters for tooling
    (molds and inserts), be responsible for selection and development of
    optical
    characterization and inspection equipment, work with the clinical
    department
    to incorporate clinical results into the design effort and help define
    clinical research programs for the second generation design, perform
    competitive analysis, and manage a group of professionals and technicians
    in
    the department. The ideal candidate should have a PhD. in optics or
    applied
    physics, have experience in optical design of lenses, and be familiar with
    optical software programs such as Zemax, Code V, etc. Some experience in
    building custom optical equipment desirable. Familiarity with design of
    progressive addition lenses desirable. The candidate should have 5-7 years
    work experience post Ph.D. with at least 3 years in industry."

    Send inquiries or resumes to:
    Amitava Gupta, Ph.D.
    The Spectacle Lens Group
    Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.