VisionScienceList: POSITION NOTIFICATION

From: D.J. O'Leary (D.O'leary@anglia.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 04:04:06 PDT

    Department of Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing
    Anglia Polytechnic University
    Cambridge Campus

    Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Principal Lecturer/Reader
    Continuing Appointments.
    The Department has the opportunity to appoint 5 new members of academic staff to its team teaching courses in Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing. Currently the Department has over 900 students enrolled.
    We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants with a strong research background, especially publication in journals with a high impact factor & the award of competitive grants. Whilst we normally make appointments at the level of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, depending on experience and qualifications, appointments can be made at a higher level if the research track-record of a candidate is sufficiently strong.
    This new, dynamic Department is developing its research in the areas of glaucoma diagnosis & monitoring, paediatric optometry, the optics of the eye, and professional and public health issues such as clinical governance, referral strategies and co-management.. Appointees may join existing research groups or develop their own complementary research interests. The University's aim is to establish the Department as a centre of research excellence..
    We encourage applications from candidates who are qualified optometrists or dispensing opticians, or who have a first degree in a relevant discipline such as the biological sciences or physics, and who have a higher degree by research or other outstanding research qualifications. Registration with the General Optical Council is desirable though not essential.
    Enquiries in the first instance to Professor Daniel O'Leary, Department of Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing. Tel 01223 363 271 ext 2536 or email D.O'Leary@anglia.ac.uk
    Professor D.J. O'Leary
    Head, Department of Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing
    Anglia Polytechnic University
    East Road
    Cambridge CB1 1PT
    United Kingdom