VisionScienceList: Ruhr-Universität, Bochum: PhD Studentship

From: Nikolaus Troje (troje@bio.psy.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 23:40:18 PDT

    PhD studentship at Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany

    The Department of Psychology (AE Biopsychology) invites applications for
    a PhD student position (BATIIa/2, i.e. approx. 40.000 DM p.a.) to
    participate in a new, interdisciplinary program of research in the
    perception of biological motion patterns and its role in social
    recognition. Our lab is well equipped with state-of-the-art motion
    capture gear as well as animation and visualization tools. We are
    located in
    the Psychology department but have strong connections both into the
    Biology and Mathematics department as well as interesting industrial
    collaborations. For more information check out:
    http://www.bio.psy.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/troje.

    Applicants from any disciplin are welcome as long as they bring along
    excitement for our project and have decent mathematical/computational
    skills.

    Nikolaus Troje
    AE Biopsychologie
    Fakultät für Psychologie