VISION IN VEHICLES 9
19-22 AUGUST 2001
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
The ninth international conference on Vision In Vehicles will be held in
Australia in 2001. It is a multi-disciplinary and international forum for
the exchange of information on current research encompassing all aspects of
vision and its relationship to vehicle and transportation design.
Conference proceedings will be published.
Scope: All types of vehicles: cars, motorcycles, cycles, trucks, trains,
aircraft, helicopters, ships, autonomous and military vehicles.
Professional interest: Vehicle manufacturers, instrumentation designers,
traffic and applied psychologists, ergonomists, ophthalmologists,
optometrists, highway engineers, traffic planners, lighting engineers,
legislators and anyone concerned with safety in vehicles and transportation.
Topics will include:
• Functional requirements of the driving task
• Road transport informatics: driver-support & navigation systems, HUD
• Vehicle design: vehicle glazing
• External environment: traffic signs, road lighting, fog, rain, night
• Visual scanning: UFOV, conspicuity, peripheral & restricted vision
• Simulation: simulators, virtual reality, immersive systems
• Driver's vision: standards, defects, age, night myopia
• Attention, cognitive & perceptual performance: fatigue, multiple tasks
• Speed and distance perception, optical flow, TTC
• Drivers: novice, driver training, experts, older drivers, steering skill
• Human factors & accidents
Individual papers are invited for oral or poster presentation. Abstracts
(300 words max.) should be submitted to the address below by MONDAY 22nd
JANUARY 2001. Submission by email preferred, or by fax / post.
Further information is available on the conference website:
Alernatively for further information or to be added to our mailing list:-
Professor Alastair Gale
Institute of Behavioural Sciences
University of Derby
Derby DE22 3HL
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Aug 03 2000 - 09:24:30 PDT