Optical Society of America
2000 Annual Meeting
"Optics in the New Millennium"
October 22-25, 2000
Meeting highlights include:
A special millennium address, "OSA and Vision Science in the 20th and 21st
Centuries," will be given by Joel Pokorny.
The Edgar D. Tillyer Award will be presented to John D. Mollon in
recognition of his "leadership for over a quarter of a century in vision
research, with contributions to psychophysics, microspectrophotometry,
molecular genetics, field studies of wild primates and normal and defective
color vision." Dr. Mollon will present a special lecture entitled "Vision
out of the Corner of the Eye."
Denis G. Pelli will receive the OSA Leadership Award/New Focus Prize for
his "leadership in visual science and the resulting benefits to artists,
scholars and the visually impaired."
Special symposia and workshops will be devoted to the following topics:
Vision Technical Group
* First-, Second-, and Third-Order Mechanisms of Pattern and Motion Perception
* Flow, Heading, and Structure from Motion
* Letter Identification
* Temporal Processing in the Visual System
* Workshop: Modelfest 2000
* Workshop: Trends in Hardware and Software Systems for Vision Research
Color Technical Group
* Color Categorization
* Multiple Rod Pathways
* Workshop: Chromatic Motion Mechanisms
* Workshop: Color Detection Models
Applications of Vision Science Technical Group
* Applications of Adaptive Optics: Vision
* Novel Approaches in Retinal Imaging
Meeting details are available at: http://www.osa.org/mtg_conf/annual/. A
complete program in PDF format is available for download [click "abstracts"].
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Aug 21 2000 - 09:51:59 PDT