VisionScienceList: Attneave shapes

From: timv@uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 18:35:47 PDT

    Vision Science List Members:

    My name is Timothy J. Vander Velde, I’m a doctoral student within
    the Institute of Neuroscience at the University of Oregon.

    I am writing with the hope that you might be able to help me locate
    a set of images I would like to employ in a research project. The
    images I am in search of are refereed to as “ ‘4pt quad’ Attneave
    Shapes ”. There are a set of these shapes which were designed to
    be “not easily described” by common verbiage. I hope to locate a
    full set of these images either as hard copies on paper, or in some
    electronic format (graphically designed or a high resolution scan).
    Regardless of the format in which I am able to acquire the images,
    the desired end result is to project them on screen for subjects to
    view under a variety of dual task conditions.

    My hopes are the following.
    Thatyou may have access to such materials, and are willing to
        share them.
    Thatyou might be able to provide any information on how to
        acquire them.
    Thatyou might recommend a person to contact or arenas in
        which to post an additional request for information that might
        be helpful.

    I would be exceptionally grateful for any information or tips that you
    might be able to provide.

    Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
    Best,
    Tim

    Timothy J. Vander Velde, M.A.
    Institute of Neural Science