VisionScienceList: job posting

From: Rochel Gelman (rgelman@ruccs.rutgers.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 13:21:23 PST

    Our department is conducting three searches.

    The following copy of an ad that will appear in the relevant
    publications of the APA and APS

    The Department of Psychology at Rutgers University-New
    Brunswick invites applications for three tenure-track assistant
    professorships for Fall 2001 or 2000 in the areas of behavioral
    neuroscience, cognitive psychology, and health. Individuals at the
    Associate level could be considered in special cases.

    BIOPSYCHOLOGY AND BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENCE: We
    seek an individual who will expand upon or complement our current
    strengths in learning, memory, motivation, and experience-related
    forms of neuroplasticity. The specific area of research expertise is
    open, although candidates with interests in sensory systems,
    development and regenerative plasticity, molecular genetics, or
    neuropsychopharmacology are particularly attractive. Candidates
    should have postdoctoral experience and will be expected to teach
    both graduate and undergraduate courses. They will be considered
    for appointment in the Rutgers Center for Collaborative
    Neuroscience.

    COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY: We seek an individual who will
    expand upon or complement our current strengths in the areas of
    concepts and cognitive development, visual perception, reasoning,
    language, comparative cognition, and computational/formal models.
    Candidates will be expected to teach both graduate and
    undergraduate courses. They may be considered for membership
    in the Rutgers Center for Cognitive Science and contribute to a
    rapidly developing cross-institution program in cognitive
    neuroscience.

    HEALTH: We seek someone with expertise in the following areas:
    1. Research identifying biological mechanisms that account for
    disease-related effects of psychological stress, coping, social
    relationships, and personality. II. Research on the mechanisms or
    modification of health promoting and health-damaging behaviors. III.
    Research on adaptation to physical disease and treatment.
    Expertise in the genetic or neuropsychological factors in physical
    disease, and/or in the use of biostatistics and multivariate models
    used in health research, would be an advantage.

    Please send a curriculum vitae, statement of research and
    teaching interests, a selection of papers, and three letters of
    recommendation to the appropriate Search Committee, Department
    of Psychology, 152 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854-
    8020. A review of applications will begin by December 10, although
    applications arriving after this date will be considered.
    Rutgers University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
    employer.

    R.Gelman. Chair of the Cognitive Search