VisionScienceList: postdoc - visual cortex - Zurich

From: Matteo Carandini (matteo@ini.phys.ethz.ch)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 03:57:39 PST

    POSTDOC - VISUAL CORTEX
    Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland

    We study how the primary visual cortex is wired up and look for simple
    mathematical expressions to describe its output. We do neurophysiology,
    mostly with multi-electrode extracellular recordings in anesthetized
    animals, and we try to capture the results with simple but rigorous
    computational modeling.

    The ideal candidate has a background in systems or cellular neuroscience
    and/or in sensory psychophysics (vision, hearing, etc.), and has the ability
    to program and to deal with simple equations. Strong candidates with
    quantitative backgrounds (math/physics/cs/ee) are also welcome.

    All nationalities are welcome. Language is English and salary is according
    to Swiss National Science Foundation guidelines (i.e. generous).

    Please check www.ini.unizh.ch/~matteo for more information.

    Matteo Carandini
    Institute of Neuroinformatics
    ETH/University of Zurich