VisionScienceList: postdoc position available; Univ. of Rochester

From: Robbie Jacobs (robbie@bcs.rochester.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 06:13:08 PDT

                 POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW POSITION IN VISUAL PSYCHOPHYSICS

                                 PI: Robert Jacobs
                              Center for Visual Science
                     Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
                               University of Rochester

    A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the lab of Robert Jacobs,
    Center for Visual Science and the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences,
    University of Rochester. The lab focuses on experimental and computational
    studies of visual learning with respect to mid-level and high-level visual
    functions, particularly on experience-dependent perception of visual depth.
    Some projects in our lab study observers' abilities to recalibrate their
    interpretations of individual visual cues, other projects study how observers
    adapt their visual cue combination strategies, and still other projects examine
    how information from other perceptual modalities (such as haptic or auditory
    percepts) influence how observers interpret and combine information from visual
    cues. We have a well-equipped lab that includes access to a wide variety of
    virtual reality equipment for creating visual, auditory, and haptic environments.

    You can learn more about our lab (and obtain several of our papers) from:
       http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/bcs/people/faculty/robbie/robbie.html

    You can learn more about the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences from:
       http://www.bcs.rochester.edu

    You can learn more about the Center for Visual Science from:
       http://www.cvs.rochester.edu

    Interested candidates should send a vita, a research statement, recent
    publications, and the names of three individuals who can write letters
    of recommendation to:

       Robert Jacobs
       Brain and Cognitive Sciences
       Meliora Hall, River Campus