VisionScienceList: North Dakota State University, position announcement

From: Mark McCourt (Mark.McCourt@ndsu.nodak.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 09:05:24 PDT

    Cognitive Neuroscience Positions Available

    The Department of Psychology at North Dakota State University announces
    three tenure track positions in cognition/cognitive neuroscience, beginning
    August 15, 2002. The Department of Psychology has initiated a new Ph.D.
    program in Cognitive Neuroscience, and we are particularly interested in
    recruiting candidates whose research specialty builds on, or compliments,
    our existing strengths. We are especially interested in candidates with
    expertise in human electrophysiology (i.e., high-density topographical
    ERP), the application of virtual reality technology in cognitive
    neuroscience, and/or those with interests in the topic of multisensory
    integration.

    Qualifications: Strong potential and interest in generating external
    funding for research program, teaching competence in psychological research
    methods and courses in specialty area, completed Ph.D., ability to interact
    effectively with colleagues and students, and effective interpersonal,
    oral, and written communication skills. Additional minimal qualifications
    for senior-level candidates include experience mentoring doctoral students,
    a strong record of scholarly productivity, and a history of external grant
    funding. The preferred qualifications for the positions are: a completed
    Ph.D. and the ability to teach courses within our curriculum.

    We have an active and congenial faculty who are supportive of productive
    research programs and quality instruction. All faculty members are involved
    in supervising graduate and undergraduate research, and in directing
    graduate and undergraduate theses. We have excellent human research
    facilities and enhanced start-up funds are available for candidates with
    research interests highlighted above. The normal teaching load is 3
    semester courses per year. For more information about the department and
    university, see our website: http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/ndsu/psychology.

    To apply, send a cover letter describing research and teaching interests
    and accomplishments, a curriculum vita, copies of representative
    publications and other supporting materials, available summaries of
    teaching evaluations, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and
    e-mail addresses of three individuals who can provide a letter of
    recommendation. Submit materials to:

    Mark McCourt, Ph.D., Chair
    Cognitive Neuroscience Search Committee
    Department of Psychology
    North Dakota State University
    Fargo, ND 58105-5075

    Inquiries may be directed to Mark.McCourt@ndsu.nodak.edu, or (701)
    231-8625. Applications will be reviewed beginning January 15, 2002 and will
    be accepted until the positions are filled. NSDU is an Equal Opportunity
    Employer.

    ---------
    About this list: http://www.visionscience.com/vsList.html