[vslist] EXTENDED DEADLINE for AVA Defective Vision Meeting

Sarah J Waugh s.j.waugh at apu.ac.uk
Tue May 14 14:20:49 GMT 2002

                 AAAA  VV      V  AAAA
                A  AA  VV     V  A  AA
               A   AA  VV    V  A   AA
              AAAAAAA  VV   V  AAAAAAA
             A     AA  VV  V  A     AA
            A      AA  VV V  A      AA
           A       AA  VVV  A       AA
          A        AA  VV  A        AA

              "D E F E C T I V E   V I S I O N

           E X T E N D E D   D E A D L I N E !

We have had several requests by ARVO/VSS attendees to extend our deadline!

NEW AND FINAL ABSTRACT DEADLINE: 10TH JUNE

The Applied Vision Association will hold a one-day scientific meeting
aimed at highlighting the clinical relevance of quality basic research .
It will be hosted by Anglia Polytechnic University (Cambridge)
on Wednesday 10th JULY 2002.

The invited speakers and titles are:

RONALD S HARWERTH
John and Rebecca Moores Professor of Optometry,University of Houston. U.S.A.

"Defective Vision from Glaucoma: Structure-Function Relationships."

MICHAEL E BOULTON
Professor, Head of Cell and Molecular Research Group, Department of
Optometry and
Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, U.K.

"Do Age-Related changes in the Retina contribute to Age-Related Macular
Degeneration?"

GARY S RUBIN
Helen Keller Professor of Ophthalmology, Institute of Ophthalmology,
University College London, U.K.

"Reading without a Fovea"

Vision scientists with backgrounds in all areas including optics,
psychophysics,
biology, neurophysiology, physiology and computational vision, and from all
vision-related disciplines including psychology, optometry and ophthalmology
are encouraged to contribute papers/posters that report research directly or
potentially
related to any aspect of "Defective Vision".

Abstracts (max length: 300 words) for contributed papers/posters should
be submitted by e-mail to Dr Sarah J Waugh (s.j.waugh at apu.ac.uk) by 1st
JUNE.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed and published in the journal, Ophthalmic and
Physiological Optics (ALTHOUGH such publication can be withheld upon
request).

Abstract Format: Give Title, full names, affiliations and addresses
(including postcodes) of all authors.  Please arrange body under the
following
headings: Purpose, Methods, Results, Conclusions.  Avoid use of references
and
define abbreviations at first mention.  If references must be included
provide
full details of those cited, in a list at the end of the abstract.
Acknowledge
grant/financial support.  The abstract should be intelligible to a broad
spectrum of
vision researchers.

Abstract submissions should also include:
1) a statement of preference for a TALK or a POSTER
2) an indication of the mode of presentation for talks
(power-point [MAC or PC], slides, OHP)

The Meeting will be run in tandem with BCOVS (British Congress
of Optometry and Vision Science) to be held on Tuesday 9th July.  (For
further
information on details/speakers scheduled for this conference, watch further
notices
or refer to the website noted below.)

There will be a joint conference dinner on Tuesday evening.

Registration will be available for either, or both meetings.

Attendees *should* pay in advance at the registration rate shown below.

           R E G I S T R A T I O N   F E E S

  AVA  BCOVS
One Day Rate

Student  £12.50  £12.50
Other  £15  £15

Both Days Rate

Student  £22
Other  £27

 Please refer to APU website (http://www.apu.ac.uk/conferences/index.shtml)
 for further details and registration form.  Alternatively telephone or
email
 June Petrie: (01245) 493 131 ext 3168 (j.h.petrie at apu.ac.uk).