[vslist] Freiburg Acuity (and Contrast) Test: Platform-agnostic version

Michael Bach michael.bach at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 9 10:18:53 GMT 2004

Dear Colleagues:

To those of you using the "Freiburg Acuity (and Contrast) Test (FrACT)"
programme: A Happy New Year to you (and to all the others as well ;-)!

After countless requests I have finally re-implemented the weathered
Macintosh version <http://www.ukl.uni-freiburg.de/aug/mit/bach/fat/> in
Flash, so it now runs on the 3 major platforms Linux, Macintosh and
Windows. It is not too well tested yet, but you may want to take a peek
at <http://www.ukl.uni-freiburg.de/aug/mit/bach/fat_demo/>. Nice &
thoughtful feedback welcome, I (& FrACT) have always profited
enormously from your advice.

Caveats:
-- The new version does not yet do contrast testing.
-- The new version will still have bugs. Should the programme act
strangely, simply quit (and restart) it
-- For reliable results you need to calibrate and apply common sensory
testing sense
-- The download link to the "old" version is broken right now, will
work again tomorrow (after the site has been updated through the
firewall)
-- If you really want to use it, consider a remote subject entry keypad
(see 'Tips' at  <http://www.ukl.uni-freiburg.de/aug/mit/bach/fat/>
further down)

All the best, Michael.

--
Prof. Michael Bach PhD, Sektion Funktionelle Sehforschung, Augenklinik,
University of Freiburg, Killianstr. 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany.
fon +49 (761) 270-4060, fax ~4052. michael.bach at uni-freiburg.de
<http://www.michaelbach.de>
***For your visual enjoyment peruse optical illusions at
<http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/>***