[vslist] Vision/Attention Research Assistant

Jeremy Wolfe wolfe at search.bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 12 15:41:01 GMT 2004

PLEASE POST THIS WHERE SENIORS WILL SEE IT

    RESEARCH ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE
                                          in
                VISION/COGNITIVE SCIENCE

START DATE: Summer '04

This position is in a lab that conducts psychophysical/behavioral research
primarily in the area of visual attention. How is attention deployed? Do you
need attention to recognize an object or to remember a scene? Can you
attend to several things at the same time? What is "conscious" visual
perception? Most experiments
test healthy young adults. The position involves all stages of the research
process from planning experiments to helping to write up results for
publication, but the main focus is data collection and analysis. RAs usually
attend and present at one scientific meeting each year.

This position requires a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
degree. A major in Psychology or related field would be plus, but
is not necessary. Some research experience would also be useful.
The position is not appropriate for those with advanced degrees.
A candidate must be legally able to work in the US (not on a student
visa). A candidate should have computer experience (We use Macs)
and should be willing to learn how to use our statistics,
graphics, and word processing packages. Programming experience is not
necessary, but familiarity with C and/or MatLab would be a plus.

A candidate must be able to work independently and should be able
to interact with subjects in a tactful and pleasant manner.
This is an excellent position for a new college graduate who wants
to spend two or more years in a research setting before going on to
graduate or medical school. NOTE: A two-year commitment is required.

If interested, please contact

	Prof. Jeremy M Wolfe
  	Visual Attention Lab
	Brigham & Women's Hospital / Harvard Medical School
	64 Sidney St.
	Cambridge, MA 02139

EMAIL IS THE BEST WAY TO COMMUNICATE:
	wolfe at search.bwh.harvard.edu