[vslist] Postdoctoral Fellow

D.J. O'Leary D.O'leary at apu.ac.uk
Thu Mar 11 08:06:56 GMT 2004

Please post the following notice:

Department of Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing
Anglia Polytechnic University
Cambridge Campus

Research Fellow
One year appointment.

The Department invites applications for the position of  post-doctoral research fellow to work on our antimyopia project. The candidate should have a first degree in Optometry and a PhD in a relevant area. The position requires experience of research in the field of myopia, and expertise at measuring and analysing the optical properties of the mammalian eye. Programming skills for visual display units would be an advantage, as would experience with psychophysical research.

You will join a team of 5 academic staff, led by Prof. Daniel O'Leary and Prof. Shahina Pardhan and 2 postgraduate students who are working on the antimyopia project in collaboration with teams in  the Vision Co-operative Research Centre at the University of New South Wales, The University of Houston, and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. Our brief is to better understand the origins of myopia in humans so we can move towards a preventative treatment.

The appointment is initially for 12 months, although there are excellent prospects for funding to be extended to 3 years.

Enquiries in the first instance to Professor Daniel O'Leary, Department of Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing. Tel 01223 363 271 ext 2536 or email D.O'Leary at anglia.ac.uk

For an application form please contact Human Resources Department, APU, East Road Cambridge CB1 1PT, or online at http://www.apu.ac.uk/hr/jobs/

Please send a completed application form, together with a full curriculum vitae, to: Human Resources Department, APU, East Road Cambridge CB1 1PT

Closing date for applications:	26th March 2004
Interviews:			7th April 2004

----------------------
Professor D.J. O'Leary
Associate Dean (Research)