[vslist] Postdoc Interviews at VSS

Anna Wang Roe anna.roe at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Apr 27 13:24:01 GMT 2004

I will be at VSS and willing to meet with potential postdoctoral
applicants at our posters or you can call my cell at 615-390-4337.  I
will be at the meeting from 4/29 afternoon until 5/5 afternoon.  Anna
Roe

Poster A51:  ìOptical imaging of contrast response in functional domains
in V1 and V2 of macaque visual cortex,î Friday, April 30, pm
Poster G40:  "Psychophysical evidence for competition between real and
illusory contour processing" Tuesday, May 4, am

Post-Doctoral Position in Optical Imaging and Electrophysiology in
Primates,  Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University

An NIH-supported full-time postdoctoral position is available
immediately to study cortical encoding of visual perception in non-human

primates.  Functional organization and cortical circuitry will be
studied with intrinsic signal and voltage-sensitive dye imaging, coupled

with single-unit and local field potential electrophysiology. Candidates

with background in vision science, cognitive neuroscience, functional
neuroimaging, image analysis, computer programming, and
electrophysiology are encouraged to apply.  Experience with awake
behaving monkeys a plus.  There is a strong community of vision
researchers at Vanderbilt.  Support also comes from the Vanderbilt
Vision
Research Center (VVRC), the Cognitive and Integrative Neuroscience
Center (CICN), the Vanderbilt Brain Insitute, and the Vanderbilt
Institute of Imaging Science.  Send curriculum vitae, the names of three

references, and a description of research interests and experience to:
Dr. Anna W. Roe, Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, 111
21st Avenue South, Room 301, Nashville, TN  37203.
anna.roe at vanderbilt.edu.
http://www.psy.vanderbilt.edu/faculty/roeaw/index.html