[vslist] Post-doc in Synaesthesia

Fiona Newell fiona.newell at tcd.ie
Tue Jun 29 09:41:00 GMT 2004

Please post the following advertisement.
many thanks,
Fiona Newell

*********************************

University of Dublin, Trinity College

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION investigating  SYNAESTHESIA

A postdoctoral position is available from October 2004 with a
multidisciplinary group associated with the Trinity College Institute of
Neuroscience (http://www.trinityneuroscience.com) studying the
characteristics and familiality of synaesthesia.   The research will
involve a combination of behavioural and neuroimaging techniques to
characterise in detail the phenotypes of individual synaesthetes and to
determine the familiality of these characteristics.  Candidates should have
a background in cognitive neuroscience (or a related discipline) and have
an interest in perception, multisensory integration and behavioural
genetics.  Experience with fMRI and/or EEG would be highly beneficial.  The
position is available for 2 years initially with the possibility of a 1
year extension.  Salary will be competitive and based on experience.
Deadline: 16th August, 2004.

For more details of our research program see our website:
http://www.tcd.ie/Psychology/synres/

Please send a cover letter and CV including names of two references to:

Dr. Fiona Newell, Dept. of Psychology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.
E-mail:  fiona.newell at tcd.ie;  Fax: +353-1-671-2006