[vslist] good plotting program?

Guillaume A. Rousselet rousseg at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Mon Jul 26 09:14:27 GMT 2004

a combination of EXCEL + CANVAS 8 is great on Mac OS X
CANVAS 8 will let you do a LOT OF professional quality editing and more
easily than Illustrator.

On Jul 25, 2004, at 5:07 PM, Denis Pelli wrote:

> hi all
>
> i've finally taken the plunge into mac os x (and love it).
>
> can anyone recommend a good plotting program, to make graphs?
>
> i've tried many programs over the years and have always come back to
> Kaleidagraph, which is osx compatible, but feels somewhat old
> fashioned. i typically am plotting a modest number of points (less
> than 100) along with curves (model fits), with log axes.
>
> KALEIDAGRAPH
> http://kaleidagraph.com
>
> best
>
> denis
>
> Denis Pelli
> Professor of Psychology and Neural Science
> NYU
> http://psych.nyu.edu/pelli/
>
> p.s.
> DELTAGRAPH
> One particular feature that only some programs have (not Kaleidagraph)
> is to allow use of text in any font as the symbols. This turns out to
> be a very flexible feature that is convenient in many situations.
> Deltagraph has it, but I haven't used DeltaGraph since version 4. It
> now has a new owner and version 5 is available for Windows and Mac,
> including mac os x.
> http://www.redrocksw.com/deltagraph/

Guillaume A. Rousselet, Ph.D.

Post-doctoral fellow
Sekuler & Bennett vision & cognitive neuroscience lab
McMaster University, Psychology Complex
1280 Main St. West, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8S 4K1
Tel. 905-525-9140 x24489
Fax. 905-529-6225
http://www.psychology.mcmaster.ca/vislab/