[vslist] advice on a stimulus isolator bipolar/ biphasic output

david.chelva at unsw.edu.au david.chelva at unsw.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 08:22:12 GMT 2004

Dear Subscribers,

Seeking advice on obtaining an external clinical stimulator that may be
used on humans to produce brief bipolar pulses.

Specifically, we would want to deliver (0-20 mA) through cortical
electrodes for brief epochs of about (40 to 1200 micro seconds) first
positive pulse then immediately followed by a  negative pulse for zero
net charge balance.  I belive devices for this purpose usually come
separately as a programable pulse train generator and a stimulus
isolator, the latter are not always bipolar and safe for human use.  A
recomendation on an isolator type and manufacturer woud be greatly
appreciated.

 respectfully,

Dr.David K.Chelvanayagam
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology
School of Medical Sciences
University of New South Wales, (2052)
Kensington Campus
Tel: (02) 9385 3815