[vslist] EXTENDED DEADLINE: FALL VISION MEETING

Joe Carroll jcarroll at cvs.rochester.edu
Wed Aug 4 11:29:00 GMT 2004

Notice: The abstract submission and registration deadline for the Fall Vision
Meeting (FVM) has been EXTENDED to August 15th, 2004.  Anyone
interested in attending the meeting must register (including invited
speakers!) by this time.  In addition, we still have room for
additional abstract submissions.  A copy of the original meeting
announcement follows.

Apologies for multiple postings to different lists.

On behalf of the local organizing committee,
Joe

Joseph Carroll, PhD
Center for Visual Science
University of Rochester
Meliora Hall 252
Rochester, NY 14627-0270

tel: (585) 275-8443
fax: (585) 271-3043
email: jcarroll at cvs.rochester.edu

http://www.cvs.rochester.edu/williamslab/people/joe.html

The Fall Vision Meeting will be held at the Center for Visual
Science, University of Rochester on October 15, 16 and 17, 2004.
Additional information and registration instructions for FVM can be
found at http://www.fallvisionmeeting.org/.  There are limited
accommodations available in Rochester during this time, so you are
advised to make your hotel reservations early.

This year's meeting will celebrate the 2004 recipient of the Tillyer
Award, John Krauskopf.

The meeting will feature 9 workshops on a broad range of issues in
vision science. We have set aside poster sessions that do not compete
with the workshops and encourage contributed poster submissions for
these sessions. We also have limited time for contributed talks.
The Young Investigator Award, which includes a cash prize, will be
given to the student or post-doc who gives the best presentation at
the meeting.

The FVM will immediately follow the Annual Meeting of the Optical
Society of America.
OSA has graciously agreed to provide free registration to the Annual
Meeting on Thursday, October 14, which has a full schedule of
vision-related presentations.
See http://www.osa.org/meetings/annual/ for additional information.

Best Wishes,

David Williams