[vslist] 6 Positions at UBC, Vancouver, Canada

alan kingstone akngstne at mail.interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 14 06:01:00 GMT 2004

hi. i was wondering if you could post the below.
thank you in advance,
a.
====================================

Four Assistant Professor level and Two at the Instructor I level

The Department of Psychology at the University of British Columbia
invites applications for up to six positions--four at the Assistant
Professor level and two at the Instructor I level. All six positions
are tenure-track, and all are expected to start 1 July 2005.

In the case of the four Assistant Professors, we are seeking
individuals with strong research records and a commitment to quality
teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Applicants
whose work bridges to other areas of interest within the department
(e.g., cognitive development or child-clinical psychology), would be
of additional interest.

Although these four positions are budgeted at the Assistant Professor
level, there is a possibility of appointments at a higher rank for
applicants with exceptional qualifications. There is also the
possibility for one or more of these positions to be designated as
Canada Research Chairs, either at the Full Professor level (Tier 1)
or at the Assistant/Associate Professor level (Tier 2). These
prestigious positions will be funded through the Federal Government
program, with research support appropriate to the program and its
goals. See www.chairs.gc.ca

Candidates are invited to apply in the following areas:

(a) Behavioural Neuroscience: We are seeking a faculty member who can
add to the departmental strength in animal-based investigations in
neurobiology of learning, motivation, and cognition. (This position
is expected to start 1 January 2006, or earlier depending on funding.)

(b) Social/Personality Psychology: We are seeking a faculty member
for our social/personality program, and research excellence is more
important than particular area.

(c) Evolutionary Psychology: We are seeking a faculty member who has
an evolutionary research focus and whose work will be widely relevant
to different areas of psychology, including behavioural neuroscience,
social, developmental, and cognitive.

(d) Social Neuroscience: We are seeking a faculty member whose
research reflects a neuroscientific approach to affect, cognition,
and social behavior.

For positions (b), (c), and (d), applicants will also be considered
for Canada Research Chair positions. We are seeking either Tier 1
(Senior) or Tier 2 (Junior) researchers whose work will add to
departmental strengths.

In the case of the two Instructor I positions, we are seeking
individuals with proven records of outstanding and innovative
undergraduate teaching. Candidates for these positions should submit
detailed teaching dossiers in support of their applications.

Instructor I Positions: We are seeking to fill two Instructor I
positions. Preference will be given to those with expertise in
teaching introductory, developmental, social, research methods and
statistics, and/or other undergraduate psychology courses.

In all cases, salary will be commensurate with experience. The
University of British Columbia hires on the basis of merit and is
committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to
apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be
given priority. Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, samples of
their scholarly work (and teaching dossiers in the case of applicants
for the Senior Instructorships), and three letters of recommendation,
prior to 15 October 2004, to:

Chair, Faculty Search Committee
Department of Psychology
University of British Columbia