[vslist] Ninth AVA Xmas Meeting (UK)

Tim Meese t.s.meese at aston.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 15:35:00 GMT 2004

Apologies to those who have received multiple postings. (This message
has been circulated over several lists)

                            AAAA  VV            V  AAAA
                           A    AA  VV          V  A    AA
                          A      AA  VV        V  A      AA
                         AAAAAAA  VV      V  AAAAAAA
                        A          AA  VV    V  A          AA
                       A            AA  VV  V  A            AA
                      A              AA  VVV  A              AA
                     A                AA  VV  A                AA

       I M A G E S,
                P E R C E P T I O N
                                     A N D
                                     P S Y C H O P H Y S I C S

The ninth AVA Christmas Meeting will be held in Room 1.20, Hills
Building building at The University of Birmingham on Thursday 16th
December 2004.

Invited talks will be given by:

                       1)  Johannes Zanker
                          (Royal Holloway)

                       2)  Lewis Griffin
                           (King's College)

                       3)  Steve Dakin
                           (City University)

Abstracts (max length: 250 words) should be submitted by e-mail to
Tim Meese (t.s.meese at aston.ac.uk) by November 1st. Abstracts will be
peer reviewed and published in the journal Perception (so long as
presenting authors attend the meeting) and should cover previously
unreported research on any aspect of vision. Abstracts must be in the
standard format for ECVP/Perception (including addresses etc),
examples of which can be seen at:

http://www.perceptionweb.com/perc0100/ava99xms.pdf

and

http://www.perceptionweb.com/perc0101/index.html

References should be given in the body of the abstract in full, but
without the title.
e.g. (Rayner et al, 2001, Vis Res, 41, 943-954)

Abstract submissions should also include:
1) a statement of preference for a talk or a poster.
2) an indication of any presentation requirements, if other than
laptop/powerpoint.

The organisers (Tim Meese and Andrew Schofield) will try to
accommodate preferences for a talk or poster but the number of
submissions that this meeting now attracts means that this is not
always possible. In particular, authors should note that tardy
submissions are less likely to be accepted as talks!

With the exception of overseas visitors, attendees *should* pay in
advance at the registration rate shown below. If needs be, payment
will be accepted on the door though credit card facilities will *not*
be available. Overseas visitors may pay on the door but, in any case,
we would be most grateful if you could give us advance warning of
your intention to attend.

                 R E G I S T R A T I O N   F E E S
                       Students          Other
                            10                 25             Pounds Sterling

We will be accepting registration fees using Paypal this year (This
is now the preferred option for most AVA transactions). The web
address for the payment site will be circulated in a future e-mail.
When you use Paypal for the first time it takes a little time to set
things up, but thereafter is much quicker. We do hope you will find
this a convenient way of paying your registration fee. Alternatively,
we still accept cheques.

Cheques (see above) and/or notes of intention to attend the meeting
should be sent to Claire Cashman (cashmanc at email.aston.ac.uk) at the
address below.

Claire Cashman
Neurosciences Research Institute
Aston University
Aston Triangle
Birmingham
B4 7ET UK

CONTACT DETAILS FOR ATTENDING THE MEETING

School of Pscyhology
Univeristy of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT

CARS
Parking is pay and display or via a visitors voucher, both cost 80p a
day. Probably the best place to park is the lower levels of the south
car park. This is accessed direct from Edgbaston Park Road about 100
yards before the main entrance coming from the A38 Bristol Rd.
Drivers should go direct to this car park and not enter the campus
proper.

TRAINS
The station is called 'University' and is accessed via 'Birmingham
New Street'.  Through tickets can be bought from anywhere in the
country.

Once on campus, finding the Psychology Dept can be tricky, so we
recommend that you print out a copy of the map below.

Maps and other details can be found at:
http://www.location.bham.ac.uk/
(Note, the venue is building 5 on the Main Edgbaston Campus map)

We look forward to seeing you on the 16th.