[vslist] Conference announcement

Corrado Caudek caudek at univ.trieste.it
Tue Oct 12 09:02:17 GMT 2004

To Whom it may concern.

     I would like to post the following Conference announcement.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Corrado Caudek

Dear friend and colleague:

     each year, researchers from Italy and abroad meet in Trieste to discuss
issues in Perception and Cognition.  Since 1993, to honor the memory of
the late Gaetano Kanizsa, the meeting also includes the Kanizsa
Lecture.  This year, Elizabeth Spelke (Harvard) has agreed to speak on
"What makes humans smart".  The 12th Lecture will be held on Friday,
December 10, 4-7 pm at the Museo Revoltella Auditorium.

    The same day of the Kanizsa Lecture, the Department of Psychology
organizes the Trieste Symposium on Perception and Cognition.  This year, the
Symposium will consist of a Workshop on "Outstanding Questions in Cognition"
(four invited speakers), which will be followed by a poster session and
a buffet lunch offered by the organization.

    The Workshop will be held at the Department of Psychology of the
University of Trieste on December 10, 2004, 9.00 am - 11.30 am
(tentative schedule).  The poster session will be held just after the workshop
and before the Kanizsa Lecture.

    In keeping with the tradition of the meeting, all participants who so
desire will be allowed to present their work during the poster session.
We hope that you will be able to attend and to present a poster.

    For further information and to communicate the title of your poster
(the deadline for submission is December 7), please e-mail
caudek at units.it or fax: +39 040 4528022.

    You will receive information about suggested poster formats as soon as
you send in your title.

Please, spread this message. We apologize if you have already
received this announcement.

Best regards,
Corrado Caudek

http://www.psico.units.it/convegni/kanlect/index.php3