[vslist] job posting

Mary Lou DeBoer mld17 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 14 19:42:35 GMT 2004

Dear Sir or Madam

I submitted two ads to post on the Vision Science website.  I only
see the one job posted, but I do need to add one sentence.  This
position is in the social/emotion area here in the Psychology Dept.
at Cornell.  The ad is listed below with my revision included.

PROFESSORIAL POSITION/CORNELL UNIVERSITY   The Psychology Department
at Cornell University is seeking to hire a tenure-track faculty
member for the 2005-2006 academic year with research interests in
emotions and/or emotional/affective influences on judgment and
decision making.  Researchers with an interdisciplinary focus are
particularly encouraged to apply and the position may be filled at
any level. The appointment will begin July 1, 2005. Review of
applications will begin November 1, 2004.   We plan to review
applications on November 1, but applications received after this date
will also be examined.

Interested applicants should submit a letter of application
indicating specific research interests, a curriculum vitae, reprints
or preprints of completed research, and letters of recommendation
sent directly from three referees to:

Secretary, Psychology Search Committee
Department of Psychology
278D Uris Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-7601, USA
E-mail:  MLD17 at cornell.edu
Fax:  607-255-8433  	Voice:  607-255-4152

Applications from women and minority candidates are especially
welcome.  Cornell University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer

Here is the ad for our other Biopsychology search that needs posting too.

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/CORNELL UNIVERSITY.  The Psychology Department
(in conjunction with the New Life Sciences Initiative and the Program
in Neuroscience) expects to fill a tenure-track position at the
assistant professor level for the 2005-2006 academic year.  We seek
applicants with research interests in integrative approaches to
central nervous system function.  Research interests could include,
but are not limited to: the organization of sensory or motor systems;
social communication, social cognition, and social behavior; emotion;
or any other aspect of cognition such as learning and memory, spatial
navigation, or  decision-making.  A variety of current recording or
imaging techniques are welcome.  The appointment will begin July 1,
2005.  Review of applications will begin November 15, 2004, although
later applications will be considered until the position is filled.

Interested applicants should submit a letter of application
indicating specific research interests, a curriculum vitae, reprints
or preprints of completed research, and three letters of

http://www.psych.cornell.edu

Applications from women and minority candidates are especially welcome.
Cornell University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

Thank you
Mary Lou
--
Mary Lou DeBoer