[vslist] Doctoral Studies in Psychology

derrick.parkhurst derrick at hcvl.vrac.iastate.edu
Mon Dec 13 12:32:00 GMT 2004

Human and Computer Vision Laboratory
Iowa State University -- Ames, Iowa
http://hcvl.hci.iastate.edu/

 We are actively recruiting and seeking to support talented and motivated
students wishing to undertake graduate studies leading to a Ph.D. in
Psychology.

 We are looking for applicants with interest in studying the mechanisms
of visual attention and the guidance of human eye movements in natural
scenes, tasks and environments. Ongoing research in the lab utilizes
behavioral methodologies, computational modeling and exploratory
data analysis. Applicants with experience in any of the following areas
will be preferred: human vision, eye movement control, psychophysics,
computational modeling, computer vision, image processing.

 Applicants must hold a bachelors degree in a field such as Psychology or
a closely related field. The successful candidate will be a highly
motivated individual with a keen interest in conducting either basic
or applied research. Candidates should possess strong computer skills
including the ability to program in C, C++ or a similar language.

Application information is available at:
http://www.psychology.iastate.edu/grad/homepage.htm
Applications for the 2005-2006 year are due January 5th, 2005.

All full-time students are eligible for competitive financial support
that fully covers tuition, stipends, health insurance, and travel
to research conferences.

---
Derrick Parkhurst, PhD
Assistant Professor