[visionlist] PhD studentships: St. Andrews

Julie Harris jh81 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 10:05:20 GMT 2005

PhD studentships in the School of Psychology, University of St. Andrews

The School of Psychology at the University of St. Andrews is seeking
applications for PhD studentships, to start in Autumn 2005. We
support students to conduct research in all of the School's main
areas of research including Perception & Performance, Cognition,
Evolutionary & Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology and
Behavioural & Cognitive Neuroscience.

Expertise in the Perception & Performance group includes the
cognition and perception of facial attributes (David Perrett), event
related potentials to study information processing (Ines Jentzsch),
computation modelling of neural systems (Peter Foldiak) and basic
visual perception, in particular of spatial layout and depth (Paul
Hibbard, Julie Harris).  Contact individual supervisors for specific
project details:
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/people/lecturers.shtml

The School of Psychology has achieved the highest possible research
rating (RAE 5*) over many years. We have a thriving postgraduate
research community of around 30 students, supported by Research
Council and University block grants.  For more details see:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/psychology/research/index.shtml

St. Andrews is the oldest University in Scotland (founded in 1413),
closely integrated within the town, and picturesquely located on the
east coast of Fife.  Edinburgh is only 1 hour away, and Scotland's
dramatic mountain scenery can also be quickly accessed.

More details of our postgraduate programme (including how to apply)
can be found at the following website:
http://psy.st-andrews.ac.uk/vacancies/phd.shtml

Or contact:

Louise Sneddon,