[visionlist] openEyes

derrick.parkhurst derrick at hcvl.vrac.iastate.edu
Tue May 10 18:25:34 GMT 2005

 I am happy to announce openEyes -- an open-source open-hardware toolkit
for low-cost eye tracking. The purpose of openEyes is to provide hardware
designs and software tools useful for the analysis of eye movement data.
The development of openEyes stems from the recognition that while the
cost of hardware for eye tracking has precipitously dropped in the recent
past that the there is lack of freely available software to implement
even long-established eye-tracking methods. The tools available
in openEyes include algorithms to measure eye movements from digital
videos, techniques to calibrate eye tracking systems, and software to
facilitate real-time eye-tracking application development.

 We are just now setting up a community web site but have a number of
projects that have been active for a while. We have source code and
hardware designs available online. Please feel free to visit and comment
on the site. We are also soliciting contributions to the toolkit from the
community.

The openEyes web site is:
http://hcvl.hci.iastate.edu/openEyes

--