[visionlist] Oculomotor System Biology Conference

Neeraj Gandhi neg8+ at pitt.edu
Tue May 17 18:33:52 GMT 2005

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT...APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE EMAIL REMINDERS

We invite you to attend the first Oculomotor System Biology meeting as part of the Gordon Research Conferences (www.grc.org).  The meeting will be held June 26 - July 1, 2005 at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine.

The meeting has been organized to accomplish two objectives:

(1)   To celebrate the illustrious career of Dr. David L. Sparks, and

(2)   To create a venue to stimulate increased interdisciplinary research that integrates across the diverse components of oculomotor system biology.

Podium and Poster Presentations
We are pleased to announce keynote presentations by Drs. David Sparks and John Maunsell.  We invite you to visit http://www.grc.org/programs/2005/oculo.htm for a list of sessions and speakers.  In addition, there will be multiple poster presentation sessions at the conference, and some of poster abstract submissions will be selected by the organizers for oral presentation.  Those wishing to present a poster are encouraged to apply by June 1 to receive priority for the limited number of poster presentation slots.  We hope that both faculty and junior associates will take advantage of this informal, interactive environment to present their work.

Meeting Location & Registration
The all-inclusive fee for room, meals (including the traditional Gordon lobster dinner the last evening) and registration for this Gordon Conference is $725.  Gordon conferences are designed to provide extensive opportunities for interaction.  Participants at the conference will stay in the dormitories and have meals at Bates College.  Additional information on travel, housing and facilities at Bates College is available at: http://www.grc.uri.edu/sites/me/bc/bc.htm.

An application for this meeting must be completed through the Gordon Research Conference website (http://www.grc.uri.edu/attend.htm).  The meeting will be capped at 130 registrants to preserve the interactive nature of Gordon Conferences.  While there is no official deadline, applications received before June 1 will receive priority.

Sponsorship & Funding
The meeting has been funded by resources provided by Gordon Research Conferences (www.grc.org), National Eye Institute (www.nei.nih.gov) and Cambridge Research Systems (www.crsltd.com).

Partial support for the meeting will be made available for selected attendees, with emphasis on junior faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and minority candidates.  Please express a need for support in your application.

Contact
Raj Gandhi (neg8 at pitt.edu; 412-647-3076)

Neeraj (Raj) Gandhi, Ph.D.
Departments of Otolaryngology & Neuroscience
University of Pittsburgh
203 Lothrop Street
Eye and Ear Institute, Room 108
Pittsburgh, PA 15213