[visionlist] Postdoc position in Banks' lab at UC Berkeley

Marty Banks martybanks at berkeley.edu
Thu May 19 00:03:59 GMT 2005

Postdoctoral Fellowship in Binocular Psychophysics with High-Resolution
Retinal Images. Marty Banks' Lab, UC Berkeley. A position is available in
my laboratory to examine human stereopsis with high-resolution retinal
images. In collaboration with Geunyoung Yoon of the University of
Rochester, we are building a stereoscope that allows correction of both
eyes' optical aberrations. We will use this unique and powerful instrument
to explore the optical and neural limits of binocular vision. We will also
be examining stereopsis with achromatic and chromatic stimuli and will be
further developing a local cross-correlation model of binocular
correspondence (Banks et al., J Neuroscience, 2004). My laboratory has
precision equipment for studying human stereopsis, the combination of depth
cues, cross-modal perception, and picture perception. UC Berkeley is an
outstanding place to further develop your career in vision science and
related fields. The Vision Science Program has 30 faculty working in
various areas of vision science. The Program provides excellent support
services including a machine shop, electronics shop, large PDF database,
subject pool, and more. For more information concerning the lab, see
http://bankslab.berkeley.edu. For more on Vision Science at Berkeley, see
<http://vision.berkeley.edu/VSP/>http://vision.berkeley.edu/VSP/. A Ph.D.
in visual psychophysics or related field and strong quantitative skills are
highly desirable. Applicants should submit a CV along with the names of
three references to: Martin Banks, Vision Science Program, 360 Minor Hall,
UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720. The University of California is an equal
opportunity employer.

Martin S. Banks
Professor of Vision Science, Optometry, & Psychology
360 Minor Hall
UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-2020
Phone: 510-642-9341
FAX: 510-643-5109