[visionlist] Post doc, Columbia University, with Aniruddha Das

Aniruddha Das ad2069 at columbia.edu
Wed Jun 15 15:09:31 GMT 2005

Postdoctoral Position in Early Visual Processing
(Using optical imaging in alert monkeys and fMRI in humans combined with
modeling and psychophysics)

Lab of Aniruddha Das
Columbia University
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to study the cortical
mechanisms underlying early visual processing, i.e. the parsing of visual
scenes into contours, surfaces, textures etc. The work involves optical
imaging and electrode recordings from trained alert monkeys (early visual
areas, V1, V2...), as well as fMIR in humans, combined with modeling and
psychophysics. Candidates should have a strong quantitative background with
a demonstrated interest in applying such quantitative methods to problems
in neurobiology. The candidate’s Ph.D. could be in Neuroscience, Physics,
Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. A facility with Matlab /
IDL and / or C++ is highly desirable.

We are located in the recently established Center for Integrative
Neuroscience at Columbia University. We share a floor with 5 other groups
also working on issues of systems neuroscience – with diverse interests
ranging over attentional mechanisms, oculomotor control, emotional
circuitry and computational neurobiology. Our Center is particularly
committed to maintaining a strongly interactive and collaborative
atmosphere amongst the different laboratories.

Please send inquiries or CVs plus the names of 3 references to:
Aniruddha Das (ad2069 at columbia.edu).

Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Aniruddha Das
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 87,
NYSPI Kolb Annex Rm 563
New York, NY 10032-2695

ph: 212 543-6931 x 200