[visionlist] Active Vision VII - 2nd call for abstracts

Eugene e.mcsorley at reading.ac.uk
Thu Aug 4 10:36:58 GMT 2005

Please could you post the following, thanks

NOTE EXTENSION OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - August 26th 2005

7th ACTIVE VISION WORKSHOP
12th September 2005
University of Reading UK

ANNOUNCEMENT AND 2ND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Active Vision Workshop is an annual meeting for researchers who share the opinion that vision is used proactively to interrogate our surroundings, rather than passively responding to external stimuli.  Eye movements are, in many situations, a good index of attention.  This meeting attempts to redress the balance that was once tipped in favour of covert measures of attention. The workshops are intended as informal settings in which ongoing research projects can be aired and opened up for discussion.  We welcome contributions from diverse subject areas including the study of eye movements and the role of vision in action and locomotion.  We also hope to encourage attendance and participation of researchers from the fields of computational and robotic vision as we feel that these would be a valuable addition to the meeting and would make an important contribution to discussions.  The email list that this message has been sent  to is unlikely to include everyone it should, so we would be grateful if you could pass this message on to anyone who you think might be interested in the meeting.

GUEST SPEAKER
I am proud to announce that Prof. Jan Theeuwes (Vrije Universiteit) will deliver the invited lecture this year

MEETING DETAILS
The workshop will be held at the University of  Reading on Monday the 12th of September 2005 .  Registration costs are £25.  The registration will include lunch, coffee, etc.  The workshop is for one day only, but accommodation can be arranged for those who wish to stay for one or more nights.  If you require accommodation on the Sunday and/or Monday nights, please email blackhorsehouse at reading.ac.uk for University accommodation or email me for other accommodation in Reading or surrounds.

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
250 words max.  Please indicate whether your submission is for a poster or oral presentation.  Deadline for submission is August 26th 2005 . Abstracts should be submitted to me by email (e.mcsorley at reading.ac.uk). Electronic submissions should be in a file readable on a PC.

If you have any further questions about any aspect of the workshop, please feel free to get in touch with me.

I hope to see you at Active Vision 7.
Eugene