[visionlist] PhD studentship at University of Wales Bangor

Simon Watt s.watt at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 10:44:57 GMT 2005

ESRC 1+3 Quota Studentship available in the School of Psychology,
University of Wales, Bangor, UK.

We invite applications for an ESRC 1+3 Quota Studentship, to start
October 2005. The successful applicant will join a thriving
postgraduate community of around 80 Masters and 50 PhD students, in a
School that obtained the highest possible ranking (5*A) in the most
recent Research Assessment Exercise and the highest possible ranking
(Excellent) in the most recent Teaching Quality Assessment.

The successful applicant will take our one year Masters in
Psychological Research or Masters in Foundations of Clinical
Psychology. They will then conduct three years of research leading to
the PhD. We welcome applications in any of the research areas of the
school detailed on our website:
http://www.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/research. However, we particularly
encourage applications in the following three areas:
1. Object perception, recognition, and action.
2. Psychology of prevention and health promotion.
3. Spoken and written language in children and adults.
Informal enquiries to Dr Paula Gurteen, Research Administrator,  mail
to: p.gurteen at bangor.ac.uk , telephone 44 (0)1248 383831.

The studentship provides fees and a maintenance grant of £12,000 per
year. Applicants must have a 1st or upper 2nd class honours degree in
Psychology or equivalent. They must also have a "relevant connection
with the United Kingdom" as defined by the ESRC:
http://www.esrcsocietytoday.ac.uk/ESRCInfoCentre/Images/Postgrad
StudentshipGuidanceNotes05[1]_tcm6-7190.DOC

Applications should take the form of a full academic CV, and a covering
letter stating your reasons for applying and outlining your research
ideas, and containing the names and contact details of two academic
referees. These should be sent to Postgraduate Secretary, School of
Psychology, University of Wales, Bangor, LL57 2DG, UK. Candidates will
be interviewed.

Closing date Friday 9th September 2005

Simon Watt PhD
Lecturer