[visionlist] papers

P.A.Howarth at lboro.ac.uk P.A.Howarth at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 18 19:23:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am currently preparing a special issue of the journal 'Displays'. This
will focus on the potential health and safety issues associated with visual
images, and I would like you to consider submitting a paper.

There has recently been a burst of interest in this area, both in terms of
straightforward physiological problems, such as photosensitive epilepsy
arising from flickering images, and also because of continuing reports of
adverse symptoms arising as a consequence of visually-induced motion
sickness.  This interest has been manifest in a recent ISO workshop held in
Tokyo.

I am working on a short time-scale, as I would like to have the papers
prepared within a matter of months, so publication should be fairly rapid.
In the first instance, I am seeking expressions of interest. If you would
like to submit a paper, could you please send me a short outline (three or
four sentences) by September 12th. 2005.

Peter Howarth

p.s. apologies for cross-posting; I'm sorry if you've received this request
more than once, I've simply tried to contact as many Vision people who
might be interested in this Special issue as I could.