[visionlist] Faculty positions at the University of Wales, Bangor

Simon Watt s.watt at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 09:47:13 GMT 2005

SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY, UNIVERSITY  OF  WALES,  BANGOR

APPOINTMENTS IN PSYCHOLOGY

Professorships (Reference Number: 05-5/51)
Salary Negotiable in Professorial Range

Senior Lectureships/Readerships (Reference Number: 05-5/52)
Senior Lectureship Grade: £37,558 - £42,573 p.a. (or to £45,885 for an
exceptionally well qualified and experienced candidate)

Lectureships (Reference Number: 05-5/53)
Lecturer Grade A/B: £23,643 - £35,883 p.a.

As part of continued expansion in our School of Psychology, one of
Europe’s leading Psychology Departments, we invite applications for
several academic posts ranging from Lecturer to Professor. The School
has an outstanding record of success. In the most recent national
assessments we achieved the highest possible ratings for both Research
(5*A) and Teaching Quality (“Excellent”).

With these appointments we hope to strengthen the School’s main areas
of research. We particularly seek candidates with an interest in
cognitive neuroscience in the areas of memory, executive function,
social cognition, perception and action, affective neuroscience,
developmental neuroscience and the psychobiology of mental illness, and
welcome applications from early career researchers. To support
research, the School has established patient and participant panels in
these domains and has good links with the National Health Service. Our
new Psychology building houses the Wolfson Centre for Clinical and
Cognitive Neuroscience which has excellent facilities for fMRI, ERP and
MRI-guided TMS. The University of Wales, Bangor is located in N. Wales
between the sea and the mountains and offers a peaceful environment as
well as a huge range of outdoor activities.

For further information on academic issues and research in the School,
please contact John Parkinson (j.parkinson at bangor.ac.uk). Kimron
Shapiro (k.shapiro at bangor.ac.uk) will be attending the SFN meeting in
Washington and will arrange via the SFN Neurojobs service to meet with
interested applicants. Application forms and further particulars should
be obtained by contacting Human Resources, University of Wales, Bangor;
  tel: (+44 [0]1248) 382926/388132; e-mail: personnel at bangor.ac.uk; web:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk

Please quote the appropriate reference number when applying.

Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd December, 2005.

We are committed to equal opportunities

Simon Watt PhD
Lecturer
School of Psychology