[visionlist] postdoc position available

James Mazer james.mazer at yale.edu
Tue Oct 18 20:26:01 GMT 2005

Postdoctoral position in visual neurophysiology.

We have an opening for a postdoc interested in exploring the
neurophysiology of visual attention and/or the representation of
complex visual stimuli in extrastriate cortex. Our lab studies the
neural substrates of natural vision. This includes complex visual
scene processing, the effects of top-down visual attention and
interactions between eye movement planning and visual form
perception. This project involves combining psychophysical and
multi-electrode recording techniques with modern computational
modeling to study functional organization of extrastriate cortex in
behaving animals.

A PhD in a neuroscience-related field and previous experience with
neurophysiological methods is required for this position. Prior
experience with psychophysical methods and/or a computational skills
are a definite plus.