[visionlist] job adverts

Martin Lages m.lages at psy.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 10:52:36 GMT 2005

Please could you circulate the following advertisement.
Many thanks.

UNIVERSITY of GLASGOW

DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY

PROFESSORS IN PSYCHOLOGY, READERS, SENIOR LECTURERS AND LECTURERS IN PSYCHOLOGY

A strategic priority of the University is the current creation within
the Department of Psychology of a Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
(CCNi), a major initiative to install an in-house platform of
complementary, state-of-the-art brain imaging facilities dedicated to
Cognitive Neuroscience research. Equipment will include a 3T fMRI
scanner, a MEG system, a TMS system, and several EEG systems -
including fMRI compatible systems.  The CCNi is expected to be
operational by the end of 2006.

The University intends to make a number of new appointments in
Psychology, tenable from October 2006 or such other date as may be
arranged.  The appointments include at least two chairs as well as
lectureships and senior lectureships or readerships. These positions
will contribute to the CCNi or to the expansion of research within
the Department in relation with the CCNi.
Applicants seeking an appointment at lectureship level will have a
Ph.D. in Cognitive Neuroscience or a related field and a strong track
record of postdoctoral research.  Those seeking an appointment at
Senior Lecturer level will also have record of substantial
achievement and distinction at international level in
research/teaching/administration, with a proven ability to attract
research funding.  Applicants at Reader level must also be able to
demonstrate international research excellence through high quality
publications.  Applicants seeking an appointment as a Chair will, in
addition, have an established international reputation and proven
ability to provide research leadership.

The Department has an outstanding record of success in both teaching
and research. According to recent national assessment we rank among
the top-rated UK Psychology Departments for research (i.e. we rate 5*
on a scale of 1-5*) and have achieved the highest rating,
"Excellent", for Teaching Quality.

For the Professorial positions salary will be within the professorial
range and subject to negotiation.  Other appointments will be made at
an appropriate level on academic staff grades.

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Philippe Schyns (Head of
Department), philippe at psy.gla.ac.uk , tel 00 44 (0)141 330 4937.

For further details on the department, please see our website at:
http://www.ccni.gla.ac.uk/

For an application pack, please see our website at
http://www.gla.ac.uk/ or write quoting the appropriate reference
number (Prof 11695/HRS/A1, Reader 11652/HRS/A1, Senior
Lecturer11653/HRJ/A1, Lecturer 11654/HRJ/A1 to the Recruitment
Section, Human Resources Department, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
G12 8QQ.  Closing date:  15 December 2005.
--
Martin Lages