[visionlist] Workshop announcement

Michael Herzog michael.herzog at epfl.ch
Tue Jan 10 20:12:33 GMT 2006

Workshop announcement on "Visual masking and the dynamics of vision and
consciousness"

Vision and consciousness are not static entities but dynamic processes.
Yet, even after more than a century of research, many
fundamental questions remain unanswered. To promote development in this
area of research, a workshop entitled "Visual masking and the dynamics
of vision and consciousness" will be held at the
Hanse-Wissenschafts-Kolleg (HWK), Delmenhorst, Germany, from June 27th -
30th, 2006. The workshop comprises invited lectures, plenary
discussions, and a poster session. We are expecting about 40 participants.

The workshop is now open for registration of about 15 additional
participants who will present a poster. More information can be
found on the workshop's web site, http://lpsy.epfl.ch/VMworkshop/.
Whereas there will be no registration fee for the workshop,
participants registering for the workshop will have to cover their
travel and hotel expenses. For a few European students and post-docs, we
can offer grants covering the full costs of the workshop, including
travel and hotel expenses.

Please contact Michael Herzog (michael.herzog at epfl.ch) to apply for
workshop participation. Students applying for a workshop grant should
send a short letter describing their motivation and their expertise in
the research field (max. 1 page) along with an
estimate of their expected travel costs. The deadline for registration
and grant applications is January 30th, 2006. We will inform applicants
about acceptance latest mid of March.

The workshop is sponsored by the VolkswagenStiftung and the HWK.

Ulrich Ansorge, Greg Francis, Michael Herzog, Haluk Ogmen
(workshop organizers)