[visionlist] CFA: AVA Annual Meeting 2006, TUESDAY 4TH APRIL 2006

Alexa I. Ruppertsberg A.I.Ruppertsberg at Bradford.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 18:46:28 GMT 2006

Dear colleagues,

call for abstracts:

AVA Annual Meeting 2006, TUESDAY 4TH APRIL 2006

VISION IN PERCEPTION AND COGNITION

ABSTRACT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 10th

The AVA Annual Meeting and AGM will be held in the John Stanley Bell Lecture
Theatre (talks) and D4-Foyer (registration, posters and drinks reception), on
D-floor of the Richmond Building at the University of Bradford on Tuesday 4th
April 2006.

The G B Burton Memorial lecture will be given by

Prof. David Perrett (University of St. Andrews):

Colour and shape of faces and their influence on attributions

SUBMISSIONS:

Abstracts (max length: 250 words) should be submitted by e-mail to Alexa
Ruppertsberg (a.i.ruppertsberg at bradford.ac.uk) by February 10th. Abstracts will
be peer reviewed and should cover previously unreported research on any aspect
of vision. Abstracts must state the title, authors and include addresses.

References should be given in the body of the abstract in full, but without the
title, e.g. (Rayner et al, 2001, Vis Res, 41, 943-954)

Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference booklet.

Deadline for abstract submission: FRIDAY, 10th FEBRUARY 2006

A special issue of Spatial Vision will be published with paper submissions from
this meeting. Authors should therefore indicate their wish to be considered for
a paper when submitting an abstract. Papers will be subjected to a standard peer
review process. Invitations for papers will be made together with the
information about the outcome of the abstract submission.

Deadline for paper submission: FRIDAY, 30th JUNE 2006

PLEASE NOTE:
1) Abstracts should be appended with a statement of preference for a talk or a
poster and if the authors are interested in a paper submission for the special
issue of Spatial Vision.
2) The e-mail accompanying the abstract should indicate which of the authors
will and will not be attending the meeting.
3) Unless otherwise stated, it will be assumed that the first author will be the
presenting author.

The organizers will try to accommodate preferences for a talk or poster; however
this may not always be possible.

REGISTRATION FEES

Registration fees *should* be paid in advance at the registration rate shown
below using PayPal on our website: http://www.theava.net/ava2006.html

If needs be, cash payment will be accepted on the door, but credit card
facilities will *not* be available.

Member registration @ £25

Non-member registration @ £35

Membership plus registration special offer @ £45

Student member registration @ £10

Student non-member registration @ £20

Membership plus student registration special offer @ £30

Optional registration payment for grant-holders @ £80 (includes membership, if
not already a member)

As many of you will know, the AVA has moved to a policy of a one payment, life
membership fee (of 25.00 pounds sterling). One way in which we hope to offset
some of our meeting costs is by introducing the 'premium' category of
registration fee. There is no obligation to pay this fee, and we expect that
most people will pay either the 'student' or 'other' rates as appropriate. But,
we do hope that grant holders might consider paying the premium rate. In all
cases, a receipt will be provided on the day for the fee paid, but this will
not indicate the category.
When you use Paypal for the first time it takes a little time to set things up,
but thereafter is quite quick. We do hope you will find this a convenient way
of paying your registration fee. Alternatively, we still accept cheques, which
should be sent to Alexa Ruppertsberg (made payable to: Applied Vision
Association) at the address below.

HOW TO GET THERE
Information on how to get to the University of Bradford can be found at:
http://www.bradford.ac.uk/external/visit/getting.php
Once you have arrived at the Richmond Building (main building with the
University’s Reception) go up to D-floor (1 ½ storeys). Go through the double
doors of the Cashier’s Office and you have arrived at the registration desk in
D4-Foyer.

CARS
There is some car parking space on campus. If you intend to come by car, please
let the organisers know in advance that you will be requiring a car parking
permit.

TRAINS
Bradford has two train stations: Bradford Interchange and Bradford Foster
Square. The University of Bradford is about a 15 minute walk from both
stations. (See site map above for directions).

AIRPORT
Leeds-Bradford airport is served by a number of no-frills airlines and is served
by a bus link to Bradford city centre.

ACCOMMODATION
A list of local hotels can be found at
http://www.bradford.ac.uk/external/visit/hotels.php
(We do not recommend the Ivy Lodge!)

Or see:
http://www.information-britain.co.uk/hoteltowns.cfm?town=Bradford&county=97

TUESDAY EVENING DINNER
If you are interested in joining other attendees for dinner on Tuesday evening,
indicate this in your email.

For registration and updates on the meeting, check the webpage of the AVA:
http://www.theava.net/ava2006.html

We look forward to seeing you on the 4th April!

Alexa Ruppertsberg

-----------------------------
Dr Alexa Ruppertsberg
Department of Optometry
University of Bradford
Bradford BD7 1DP
UK

Tel.: 01274 235378
Email: a.i.ruppertsberg at bradford.ac.uk

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to misuse at bradford.ac.uk