[visionlist] Aston University, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Optometry

B A Power B.A.Power at aston.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 17:30:37 GMT 2006

ASTON UNIVERSITY
School of Life & Health Sciences
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader in Optometry

Salary £24,352 to £43,850 and exceptionally to £47,262 pa

The School of Life & Health Sciences is seeking to appoint an Optometrist
to undertake research, teaching and supportive duties in its highly rated
division of Optometry.

Teaching will be on the BSc programme in Optometry, which is one of the
largest in the UK. We are particularly interested in applicants with
teaching and research  expertise in Visual Optics and/or Ophthalmic
Disease. Consideration will be given to those offering expertise in other
areas related to Optometry and Vision Sciences. Active participation in a
developing programme of postgraduate/professional education and training in
Optometry is also anticipated. Previous teaching and clinical experience,
as well as registration with the General Optical Council would be an advantage.

Applicants will have obtained a PhD in Optometry or a related area, have
published in peer reviewed journals and for the Reader/Senior Lecturer
appointment candidates will have experience of obtaining grant income.

To obtain further information with regard to the research that takes place
within the School of Life & Health Sciences please access our website at
the following address
(<http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research>http://www.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research).

Application forms and further particulars are available on our web site:
<http://www.aston.ac.uk/hr/>http://www.aston.ac.uk/jobs/ or by telephoning:
0121 359 0870 (24 hour answer phone), or by email: b.a.power at aston.ac.uk,
quoting reference number A05/286/188.

Closing date for applications is Friday 3 February 2006