[visionlist] geometrically ambiguous images

Daniele Zavagno dzavagno at danzava.org
Mon Feb 13 07:57:14 GMT 2006

Dear Ben,

the Necker cube is more a reversible figure than an ambiguous one: it
changes orientation in space, but its apparent 3D structure remains
the same. Ambiguous figures are those images that, given one
stimulatory array, show two or more possible coherent percepts (like
Rubin's cup-profiles figure, or Jastrow's hare-duck).

Good luck