[visionlist] PhD studentships in vision/attention

Karina J Linnell k.j.linnell at gold.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 19:28:48 GMT 2006

PhD studentships in vision/attention in the
Department of Psychology,
Goldsmiths College, University of London

The Department of Psychology at Goldsmiths College, University of London
is seeking to recruit PhD applicants with interests in vision and attention
to start
in September 2006 (closing date 3rd March). Applicants should have
backgrounds
in Psychology, Biology, Neuroscience, Computing Science, Physics, or
Engineering, and have, or be predicted to attain, at least a high 2:1
undergraduate
degree.

Applicants are encouraged to contact members of staff in the
Cognition, Brain and Behaviour group
<http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/departments/psychology/research/cbb.html>
with research expertise relevant to their own interests, or to apply for
one of
the PhD projects already advertised by members of staff:
(a) perception of the physical world in infancy and early childhood
(Dr Andrew Bremner),
(b) the role of attention in stereoscopic perception (Dr Jan de Fockert),
(c) the attentional blink and cognitive resources (Dr Karina Linnell);
or (d) attention and eye-movement control (Dr Karina Linnell).
Further details of these projects can be viewed towards the bottom of
<http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/departments/psychology/jobs.html>
Clicking on the staff names listed against each project, will reveal more
information about the research interests of potential supervisors.

Goldsmiths College is a thriving research institution that puts considerable
emphasis on cross-disciplinary work. It has recently opened a new Centre in
Cognition, Computation, and Creativity which is home to Psychology's
state-of-the-art ERP and biopsychology labs.  In addition, our behavioural
labs
are excellently equipped for psychophysical and visuomotor work. Our
postgraduate training programme in Research Methods in Psychology is
recognised by the ESRC and we have a thriving postgraduate research
community of around 45 students.

More details of our postgraduate programme, including how to apply, can be
found at <http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/departments/psychology/jobs.html>
or by contacting Karina Linnell (e-mail: k.j.linnell at gold.ac.uk).

Karina J Linnell, PhD
Department of Psychology, Goldsmiths' College
University of London, London SE14 6NW, UK
E-mail: K.J.Linnell at Gold.ac.uk
Tel: +0044 (0)20 7717 2906