[visionlist] OPAM 2006 - Call for Submissions June 17th - July 1st

OPAM Information opam.info at gmail.com
Wed May 17 21:54:23 GMT 2006

 **************** OPAM 2006 ********************

Object Perception, Attention, and Memory
November 16, Houston
Keynote: Dr. Nancy Kanwisher

Online submissions for this year's OPAM will be accepted between June 17th
and July 1st at http://www.opam.net.  The meeting will take place on
November 16th in Houston, before Psychonomics.  We are also pleased to
announce that Dr. Nancy Kanwisher will deliver the keynote address.

We are working hard to bring yet another meeting where registration fees
will be voluntary.  If you or your organization wishes to help sponsor OPAM,
we would be most grateful.  In return, we can serve to provide exposure of
your organization to a wide audience (e.g., by including a profile in our
abstract book).  Anonymous donations are also welcome.  Please contact
andrew.leber at yale.edu or simply click the "Make a Donation" button on our
website.

OPAM is a conference dedicated to issues in object perception, attention,
and memory, as well as other areas of visual cognition. It takes place, each
year, on the first day of the meeting of the Psychonomic Society. OPAM is
intended as a forum primarily for scientists early in their careers, such as
graduate students or post docs. It represents an excellent opportunity to
present one's work to a large audience mainly drawn from the Psychonomics
community.
Research may be presented as either a talk or a poster. We would strongly
like to encourage submissions from anyone who does not yet have the
opportunity to present at Psychonomics. We would furthermore like to
emphasize that the conference embraces a diversity of approaches to the
study of object perception and memory. Such approaches can include, for
example, psychophysics, developmental psychology, or neuroscience.

Please forward this message to anyone who may be interested in presenting at
OPAM.

Regards,

Kate Arrington, Monica Castelhano, Steve Franconeri, and Andrew Leber

contact:  opam.info at gmail.com