[visionlist] Summer Internship at HP Labs Palo Alto Immediately

Irwin Sobel sobel at hpl.hp.com
Thu Jun 29 16:53:10 GMT 2006

Subject: Vision & Graphics Internship, HP Labs, Palo Alto, CA

The Vision & Graphics group of Hewlett-Packard Laboratories (Palo Alto,
CA) has an immediate opening for a summer intern.  Please forward this
announcement to potential candidates.

Hewlett-Packard Laboratories (HPL) is an international research
organization with its headquarters and largest facility located in Palo
Alto California. As HP's central research organization, HP Labs' purpose
is to deliver breakthrough technologies and technology advancements that
provide a competitive advantage for HP, by investing in fundamental
science and technology in areas of interest to HP. Our research is
focused in the following areas: next-generation adaptive computing,
printing and imaging, technologies for services, consumer systems,
and emerging and disruptive technologies.

The Vision & Graphics group develops new technologies for novel
displays, cameras, and media processing. Research projects include novel
view synthesis, immersive collaborative environments, high-resolution
projector displays, a camera array architecture, and multivideo mosaics.
More details of our group is located at
    http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/mmsl/projects/vision.html.

Job description:
Work with the Vision and Graphics team to develop new technologies,
methods, and algorithms in computational vision and computer graphics.

Example projects:
1) Contribute to our multicamera research, such as building a mosaic,
   performing 3D reconstruction, etc.
2) Contribute to our MultiView display, a single display surface that
   sends different images to different viewpoints.
3) Contribute to Panoply, a curved, seamless, tiled-projector display.
4) Enhance our media processing middleware for prototyping new systems.

Required Education:
Pursuing Ph.D. or M.S. degree in a technical discipline (e.g. computer
science, electrical engineering)

Technical Skills:
Knowledge of Computer Science
Knowledge of Computer Graphics
Ability to define a problem, propose a solution, and make the solution work
Ability to write readable, maintainable, and efficient software
Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
Ability to write software using MS Visual Studio and C++

Desired Qualifications:
Advanced knowledge of computer vision and/or computer graphics

To apply for this position:
(1) Go to www.hp.com.
(2) Click the "jobs" link at the bottom.
(3) Click "Search Jobs in HP"
(4) Search for job number 939423.
(5) Click on the job title to get the description.
(6) Click the "apply" button and fill out the web application.