[visionlist] Postdoc position in Giessen, Germany

Karl Gegenfurtner Karl.R.Gegenfurtner at psychol.uni-giessen.de
Fri Jul 14 10:18:55 GMT 2006

A Postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Karl Gegenfurtner at Giessen
University. The position is for someone interested in the relationship between
sensory processing and motor control. We are particularly interested in visual
signals for visual perception and for the control of eye movements. Examples for
recent research papers addressing these issues are:

Braun, D.I., Pracejus, L. & Gegenfurtner, K.R. (2006)  Motion aftereffect
elicits smooth pursuit eye movements. Journal of Vision, 6, 671-684.
http://journalofvision.org/6/7/1

White, B., Gegenfurtner, K.R. & Kerzel, D. (2005) Effects of structured
non-target stimuli on saccadic latency. Journal of Neurophysiology, 93, 3214-3423.

The position could start in October 2006, but a later start could easily be
arranged. A doctoral degree in psychology, physics, biology, or computer science
is prerequisite. Experience in programming visual displays or measuring eye
movements are of advantage. Salary is according to German research scale BAT
IIa. The position is for up to 3 years.

Please send applications before September 1st 2006 per email (PDF preferred).
More information about our group can be found at http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de.

Do not hesitate to contact me for informal inquiries.

Karl Gegenfurtner
--
Prof. Karl Gegenfurtner, Abteilung Allgemeine Psychologie
Justus-Liebig-Universität, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10, 35394 Giessen
phone:  +49 641 9926100	  mailto:gegenfurtner at uni-giessen.de
fax:    +49 641 9926119	  http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/karl