[visionlist] projectors for stimulus presentation

Thomas Thesen thomas.thesen at med.nyu.edu
Wed Aug 9 19:15:31 GMT 2006

Dear Visionscience List,

I wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation for a good projector under $4000.
The current model we are using for MEG experiments has the tendency to drop
frames and does not synchronize perfectly with the PC graphics card output. We
found this out while trying to presenting visual stimuli (with Presentation
software)at an SOA of 400 ms (at 60Hz refresh rate). Even though the refresh
rate and resolution of PC and projector were matched, we got an extra frame
after every 11th frame when we double-checked with a photosensor. Unfortunately
that's not acceptable for our purposes.

ANY suggestions on how to circumvent this problem are very much appreciated!

cheers,

Thomas