[visionlist] Symposium: Coloured Filters in the Eye, 17-18 Nov,
M.L.Rodriguez-Carmona at city.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 19:18:20 GMT 2006
We are organising a course / symposium on "Coloured filters in the eye".
I would be grateful if you could bring this to the attention to anyone
who would be interested in attending.
COLOURED FILTERS IN THE EYE: protective functions and effects on visual
performance with emphasis on colour vision
17 & 18 November
City University, London, United Kingdom.
* Review of pre-receptor filters and measurement techniques
* Macular pigment in relation to colour vision
* Aging of the lens and its effects on colour vision
* Macular pigment in relation to mesopic vision, scattered light
and visual acuity
* Genetic factors in MP and ARMD
* Macular pigment / supplementation in relation to degenerative
diseases of the eye
* Laboratory visits and demonstration of MP and short wavelength
lens absorption measurement techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Ophthalmologists, medical and psychology students, optometrists,
occupational health professionals, artists / painters/ dyers, vision
scientists, industrial colour measurement & reproduction specialists,
IOL and carotenoids manufacturers, nutritionists
John Barbur, Richard Bone, Tos Berendschot, Nigel Davies, Billy
Hammond, Chris Hammond, Melissa Liew, John Marshall, John Mellerio, Jack
Moreland, Tony Robson, Marisa Rodriguez-Carmona, Max Snodderly, Meike
Treischmann, Dirk Van Norren, Robert Weale.
If you have any further questions about any aspect of the symposium,
please feel free to get in touch with me.
Marisa Rodriguez-Carmona, MSci, PhD
City University, Applied Vision Research Centre,
The Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Vision Science
London EC1V 0HB
Tel. 0207 040 0262
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist