[visionlist] SPATIAL INTELLIGENCE AND LEARNING CENTER (SILC).

Thomas Shipley tshipley at temple.edu
Fri Oct 13 00:29:41 GMT 2006

SPATIAL INTELLIGENCE AND LEARNING CENTER (SILC). The National Science
Foundation has just awarded a Science of Learning Center grant to Temple
University, Northwestern University, the University of Chicago and the
University of Pennsylvania to study various aspects of the learning and
development of spatial cognition from preschool to adulthood. The research
encompasses basic spatial skills, interactions with symbolic systems such as
maps and spatial language, and effects of schooling, with an emphasis on
learning for science, technology, engineering and mathematics participation.
Projects cover a wide span of topics from the perspective of different
disciplines and using varying methodologies. Work is generally collaborative
across investigators and institutions and we emphasize opportunities to work
with more than one research supervisor. To find out more about SILC, visit
www.spatiallearning.org <http://www.spatiallearning.org/> . Prospective
graduate students should apply to the constituent university or universities
that seem to best suit their needs, using standard procedures and deadlines.
Prospective post-doctoral fellows should contact individual investigators;
start dates are flexible. We welcome inquiries from women, under-represented
minorities and people with disabilities.